Friday, 21 September 2012

My weekend has plans....

Hugo keeping his beady eyes on the yarn stash and
waiting to make a stealth attack...
My mission this weekend appears to be mainly to knit! The first of the three pregnant people in my life phoned in work today to say she was in labour... some three weeks early..... which begs the question why do I leave things to the last minute.

So I have looked at the stash, scratched my head a bit and then decided on an Itty Bitty Sock Yarn Bits Blanket....(basically a mini log cabin type blanket) cos I appear to have a carrier bag full of odds and ends of sock yarn waiting to be used for something or other....

I cast on this evening and have managed a couple of inches so far - small needles (3.25) do not make for fast growing projects..... I have also had to speak sternly to Gretchen regarding the edibility of the points of my interchangeable circs....... ie... go away, stop eyeing them up, they are not for you to chew on....

I do have some other plans, though they mainly involve things like housework, laundry and other such boring stuff..... oh and I planned chilling out with some of the books I'd managed to load on the Kindle (this time on purpose, I've not repeated the other night's adventures of buying 3 books in my sleep.... mainly by not taking the phone to bed with me)

I fear that by lunch time on Sunday I will be out knitted and might actually find my writing inspiration again......we shall see.... in the meantime, I must knit for there may well be a recipient for the blanket within the next few days......

Oh... and said person going into labour means *gulp* I've been promoted to Deputy Team Leader at work....

2 comments:

  1. For a speedy baby gift, I recommend a three-pack of bibs. Email me and I can send you the directions. :)

    http://www.stumblingoverchaos.com/archives/702
    http://www.stumblingoverchaos.com/archives/2691
    http://www.stumblingoverchaos.com/archives/2699

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I shall e-mail!!
      Yours in Desperation ;)

      Delete