Okay, so yes, it's only a few more days until I am officially incredibly old....... and really, I am not so much into the whole making a big fuss thing.
My mum and sister are taking me out for an extremely posh meal on Saturday..... there will be posh frocks involved this is a seriously nice restaurant.... but that is all the celebrating I had planned. I plan to spend the rest of the day setting up my new lap top and wireless router and then reading Touch & Geaux (from which I have remained remarkably spoiler free so I can enjoy it!)
Well that was the plan until this morning..... when after overhearing some plotting (I had my earphones in but they didn't realise that I hadn't actually switched on my MP3 player so I could hear them)..... I was forced to make threats to my team leader........ who has been known to go overboard on the glitter and tinsel for "special" birthdays and decorate some poor bugger's entire workspace...... the threats went along the lines of .... I get into work an hour before anyone else in the team, if when I come in my desk is covered in glitter and stuff I will either take it all down before anyone can see it or I will turn round and walk out again....... we compromised..... I am allowing her to attach one single balloon to my chair......... I fear there will be cake though, I don't think that can be avoided!
Okay, so yes, it's nice that people want to celebrate with me......... but....I am too old for this malarky in real terms...... and quite frankly I am already a grumpy old woman and don't need to be reminded of this......
Well, happy birthday in advance!! I'm glad you caught wind of her evil plans before they gussied up your workspace...
ReplyDeleteAww, come on. We're not old and we never will be!!!
ReplyDelete