Saturday, 6 April 2013

Some slight silliness......

Today has been a good day :)

It started early with texts from some friends and family - who get up far too early.... and there was also singing to my answer machine by my father... which is an interesting sound given he's on oxygen.... he decreed that I wasn't answering because I was trying to avoid the annual singing badly moment, but actually I was upstairs trying cat pacification whilst trying to get into my poshest of frocks.

Said frock is, of course, black...... but has sequins..... and today was sunny.... which meant that we had dancing fireflies on the roof and dashboard of my car..... which caused much amusement to all of us as we drove over some very bumpy roads and made them boogie quite spectacularly as we went out to where we were having lunch

Then we had to be all serious.... it was a very, very posh lunch.... that took 3 hours.... that said it was a special taste of Britain menu with 7 courses (thank goodness for very little portions!)....there was some snickering over the fact that unlike the rest of my family I had the vegetarian menu, no alcohol and decaffeinated coffee...... They keep trying to tell me this means I am adopted :)
Frank, the frolicking lamb...,,

On the way there we saw Highland cows... on the way back there were lambs..... I tried to stop the car to steal one ... but my explanation that I was going to cuddle it, let it cut my grass and call it Frank didn't assist and it was decreed that I was being rather silly...

We went back to mum's house and I had to do official present unwrapping..... I have a very generous family, this is all I can say really...... then there was more cake...just a small bit... my sister, who doesn't do baking, made a four tier creation with chocolate, coffee, walnut and vanilla sponge layers coated in chocolate ganache..... I have frozen what is left in slices or I won't get through it before it goes stale.....

This evening I have spent curled up on the sofa in a food coma with the Kindle....... and, erm, sampled the rhubarb vodka that my sister's partner bought me......... it's an acquired taste...... I think it would be better with Cream Soda rather than neat, but I shall try that tomorrow..... well I've a whole bottle to get through....

So that's it, my birthday is over for another year...... I am now officially "horribly old"...... mind you..... that doesn't mean I have to be a grown up does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment