It's hardly surprising really that after the wonderful day I had yesterday today would come crashing down on me.
Okay, so it didn't help that I was woken up by the dogs barking at some ejits in the road making loads of noise at 2 am..... they then refused to settle back down, which meant me spending the rest of the night on the sofa.... which isn't that bad except when Hope landed on my poorly leg and then twisted her nails into it when she jumped off again.......... I don't shout at the dogs, but I did growl.... they scattered off the sofa and were very very quiet till 5.30 am when I woke up again.
I got myself organised and headed off to buy a router.... okay, yes, me, techno-numpty extraordinaire was going to set up my own wi-fi system.............. The geek in the shop wasn't particularly helpful as he launched into this hugely technical description of exactly what I wanted, why I wanted it and why the most expensive router in the entire known universe was really what I needed rather than the one that I was clutching in my hands..... I may possibly have growled at him.....
After a short break at my mothers (where I didn't growl, because growling at my mother results in her threatening not to let me use the washing machine)
Then we came to the setting up of the router............ I followed the directions.... did it work.... of course it bloody didn't.... I swore a bit at the computer (I was kind of beyond growling at that point) .... tried again... swore some more.... then phoned my internet provider's helpline number........... to be talked to like I was a complete imbecile (rather than just someone frustrated and technologically challenged).... eventually though we got it working and I am now wi-fi'd all over the place!
This evening I have read, stared mournfully at my LHNB story and wished it would get on and write itself.......though I do have characters and a title..... my sister was most unhelpful in her version of trying to assist with the creative process as when I described what I was intending to write she told me that she couldn't admit to anyone that her sister was writing a gay Mills & Boon story..... I might have been a little, erm, stroppy, with her in response....
And now it is nearly time to get stuff ready for work tomorrow.......... but most of me just really doesn't want to go to work tomorrow........ I feel fidgety, fed up and totally unsettled... probably the result of yesterday's high and today's rather growly day...... it's one of those nights where I would like to rant and stomp and get it out my system, but alas, the dogs make a poor audience for this and the cats just ignore me!
No comments:
Post a Comment