Today is one of "those" days, you know the type, where everything you touch is going to explode on you (okay, that bit might just be me) for everyone else it's probably a day where absolutely nothing goes right.......
Yesterday, I finished a week that spiraled deeper into the 7th level of hell as it progressed, ending up not sure if I wanted to scream, shout, rant incoherently at people by e-mail or burst into tears......... I hate year end! Anyway, the weekend was going to be better....... it had to be really....
So last night I had a quiet night of doing very little but chilling out and then had an early night........ or I would have done, but about an hour after I went to bed we were hit by a storm which battered the rain against the windows and sent the cats into stalk and destroy mode...... when they eventually settled down under the duvet purring their little heads off I was wide awake... joy!
Rent a mob went off at 4.40 am......... okay, only 20 minutes earlier than normal, but still, we had a quick meander to the park and they had breakfast before I tried to settle on the sofa to get a couple more hours sleep in ... well I've no idea what my next door neighbours were doing in the kitchen... but it sounded like trying to recreate the sounds of the percussion section of an orchestra using the kitchen cupboard doors.....
I gave up and got up properly, sorted laundry and got ready to go out when mum texted to remind me that I was due at hers at 1 pm for lunch......... dammit... I'd planned on laundry & coffee with mum then a run round the supermarket before home and writing........ I opened the lap top, looked at my story and my mind went walk about......
Lunch was, erm, interesting, mum was meant to be doing a stir fry, but had decided to try a frozen veg/noodles combo with marinated tofu........... the tofu was nice......... she did however make me pineapple upside down cake for pudding.
I went home via the supermarket.......... which is to say I drove in, looked at the heaving car park, the crowds going in and out, and promptly decided I couldn't face it and drove out again. I tried a couple of smaller supermarkets, but apparently nothing on this earth was going to get me inside one of them today without a major shove from some external force or someone to physically dragging me around......... I went to the pet shop to make sure the critters were all catered for and then when I came home did an online shopping order to be delivered tomorrow afternoon.... (which also meant I had a wrap with peanut butter on it for tea.... yeah, not so good, but hey, you know....) .... obviously, I wish to be a hermit at present!
This evening I've mainly read, done a little writing................ and managed to smash my large pyrex mixing bowl into about a million glass fragments all over the kitchen floor........ which as that happened just after I'd put some hot milk on to heat on the hob for a hot chocolate meant that whilst I was frantically cleaning up the glass and trying to keep rent a mob from slicing their paws I managed to boil over the milk and burn the cooker top and the saucepan bottom.........
I am giving up now and going to lie in a darkened room whilst I wait for tomorrow in the hope that it will be a slightly better day!
*hugs* hun, sorry to hear you had such a shitty day yesterday. Hopefully today's going to be much better :) *fingers crossed*
ReplyDelete