Sunday, 21 April 2013

The weekend... in numbers....again

... because I am still overtired (okay, read on, this time it might be my own fault)...

1. Thursday and Friday at work I was hoping to slack off a little as neither my team leader or my boss was in the office........ okay, yes, that didn't happen.... I forgot I had team leader duties in their absence and we have a new starter that needs supervising.... also with the time of year I got not only my own e-mails demanding the impossible but my team leader's too...... roll on 30th April..

2. Sometime halfway through Friday one of my oldest friends (we shared a house at university *mumble*20 years ago*mumble*) reminded me that she was coming to visit on Saturday and we decided that she would make it an over night visit.  Now this friend and I shared a house for 4 years, in fact at one point for about 4 months we shared a room in her aunt's house whilst we (the three dogs, cat, 2 rats and 2 gerbils) were temporarily homeless and although we only see each other every 4 months or so we still speak or text nearly every day, but it's rare we get a proper long catch up so this was a fantastic idea.....

3. ... until I remembered the state of my house......... okay, she's not the most fastidious housekeeper herself, but even though I know she wouldn't mind of the house was a little untidy I won't let people in when it isn't what I consider to be properly clean and tidy.......... cue Saturday morning's battle of the dust bunnies........ okay, these were no ordinary dust bunnies... these were dust bunnies with attitude... they'd set up a breeding colony under the sofa and it took a fearless warrior to defeat them and cart their remains through the hoover to the black bin bag of doom..........  Actually it wasn't that bad, but having dogs that moult, if you don't stay on top of the hoovering then I swear eventually what gathers under the sofa will evolve into it's own life form... probably in my case some sort of dustically modified spitz....  thank goodness for naked cats, upstairs took me less than half the cleaning time....  mind you that could have been because a lot of downstairs cleaning time was spent stroking the sofa cushions whilst wearing a fetching pair of bright pink latex gloves.... who says I don't know how to have fun!

4.  My friend arrived shortly before 2 pm......... complete with her 6 dogs (I thought there were 5, but I'd forgotten one)... luckily her dogs get on brilliantly with mine and a mass playtime took place... which mainly involved Ivan flirting wildly with her two boys (he's of the opinion that bitches are scary).

5. Vodka was consumed.......... this is kind of a tradition now.... we had my rhubarb vodka with cream soda .... very nice combination, tastes like old fashioned rhubarb & custard sweets .... and she'd bought some raspberry vodka which we had with lemonade..... we chilled out, nattered..... we stayed up far too late

6.  I am very tired today..........my friend left early afternoon and I headed off to do laundry and get some bits from the shop for the week......... now I am home, my critters are exhausted and I am not much better.  I have plans to write this evening, but I think a short afternoon nap may be called for first.

7.  I don't want to go to work tomorrow............

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. http://www.masterofmalt.com/vodka/chase-rhubarb-vodka-limited-edition

      Tis very very nice.... :)

      Delete