Sunday, 23 December 2012

General ramblings ....

Well I was going to update yesterday.... but I, erm, caught my foot on the wire to the electric heater in the study..... then kind of fell over the heater itself..... finally landing in an oh so ungraceful heap on the floor and slightly bashing the side of my head on the wooden chair I use when I am at the computer..... so I didn't update, I took it as a sign and went to bed....... This morning I woke to a slight singe on my right shin and a rather impressive bruise just to the side of my right eye...... I would add that during the whole falling over process Hugo watched with some amusement from the top of the door and then used me as a trampoline before I could get up.....

So, aside from being a klutz, what else have I been up to....

Well, last night I was going to blog about my eyebrows.... no seriously.... the thing is I don't really do the whole eyebrow plucking thing... okay sure, they are kept neat and I make sure there are two of them but that's about it...... except when I am stressed..... when I have a bad habit, well not even really a habit, as it's done totally unconsciously, of plucking my eyebrows the way a stressed cage bird would pull out it's feathers..... okay, so... I have passed my exams, I am enjoying a week off work when the office is mainly shut so nothing can go wrong, my leg is getting better, the critters are all fine, the family are doing well.... so why the hell did I manage to sit the other night and rip out most of my right eyebrow and pretty much half of my left??  I didn't even realise I'd done it till I got in the car on Saturday morning and looked in the rear view mirror... I look moth eaten.....  I've done some tidying up but, meh, they look terrible, thank goodness I can hide them behind my glasses till they grow back!

Today has mostly been about prep for mum's Christmas Eve party.... I am on salads again, and puddings.... for which I made and iced cup cakes this afternoon....  They are cherry cupcakes and have almond frosting and a cherry on top, which was mum's suggestion as they will look like Rudolph's nose......... only they don't they look like boobs with large red nipples....... which has given me the giggles all afternoon and there is no way on earth I will keep a straight face tomorrow handing out nipple buns to the kids who come to the party...

Tomorrow I am on taxi duty as my sister isn't driving at present.... we are off out to the farm shop to pick up the chicken for Christmas dinner (and something from the veggie deli for me) and then to get the last few bits of fresh veg, bread and make sure that we are well  stocked up on critter food....oh and I've been promised a gingerbread latte (decaf of course!) for my services!  Then in the afternoon I have to make the dreaded meringue for Christmas day and scribble like mad to finish a ficlet I am hoping to do as an extra present for someone..... I shall be so busy I won't have time to accidentally pluck anything else.....

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Glad it wasn't worse, I guess... And of course Hugo had to add insult to injury.

    *snortlaugh* about the nipple cupcakes. Please do share the reactions you get. :D

    ReplyDelete