Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Relegated .....

To the sofa again!

Alas my leg decided, rather unexpectedly as it had been healing really well, to flare up on Sunday afternoon and by yesterday morning was rather horribly swollen and sore.

A quick trip to the doctors and yes, the cellulitis is back..... possibly of all things caused by the sore throat I had a couple of weeks ago.... which I had done as recommended by medical practitioners everywhere and not sought more than advice from the pharmacist because you don't need antibiotics for a sore throat..... apparently this isn't the case for me any more!  I had thought I'd got my temperature under control - but alas it was just under 39 degrees C last night... really must go find out what it is today...

So for starters I have 2 weeks worth of antibiotics ... which may then go on for another month or so.... it's a good job I am not bothered about not drinking alcohol as that will be out for the whole of the festive season!

I don't feel anywhere like as bad as I did in August the first time this happened, to the extent that I am bored out of my tree and had it not been for the small wobble of dizziness this morning I would have gone to work today.  Instead I have done a bit of work from home but am now on strict instructions to rest up.  Oh and I really should try to eat something as I haven't really eaten a proper meal since Saturday... which may have been a clue that I was coming down with something now I think of it!

Hopefully my Kindle is now recharged and I can go put my leg up and sofa surf for the afternoon...


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I hope you are feeling much, much better now?!

    ReplyDelete