Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Oh My!

Today was the day!

20 years after I originally went to university I was due to receive the results of the course I've been doing for the past three years, not just any course, no, a proper formal qualification that will do such exciting things as allowing me to have Rights of Audience in the Higher Courts, that will mean I can take oaths, that mean I am professionally qualified......

Last night was terrible. I had the most vivid dreams of failing badly.... in one of them I'd got 11%, which was apparently the lowest mark ever... I was the only person that failed in another.... I gave up shortly after 4.30 am and fed the dogs, then Ivan got groomed as there was no way I was going back to sleep.

By 10 am this morning I'd had text messages from two work colleagues, my mother, sister and one of my friends asking how I'd done...... but our post hadn't been.   I was told I could phone or e-mail for the results..... erm... no, hello, compete chicken here! not a chance!

The post eventually came just after midday (after a false start where someone else came to the door to try and persuade me to buy the local paper and have it delivered).... I don't think I've ever been so nervous as I was opening that envelope......which I did after sitting and staring hard at it for about five minutes......

I eventually opened it

and found out

That I'd passed.... both exams, the one I thought I'd done badly in with 83% and the practical, which I thought was the better of the two, at 70%.

So that's it, I am now officially professionally qualified to do my job.......... must be time for a career change *snicker*

I have to add though, special thanks to those friends on line who kept me going both before the exam and whilst waiting for the results... I would have been a complete wreck (rather than the partial one) without you!

1 comment: