Start of the week, so time for a what's on the agenda this week post.....
Last week I finished another round of edits for my LL story, A Point of Honour, and have had confirmation that it is now queued for release.... though I have no idea when this will be - I am guessing towards the end of the month.
As I posted on Friday, I also adopted an orphan prompt, which meant much of this weekend was spent on researching. I have a plot line, character names and some idea of what life was like in Paris in the 1740's and I am starting to sketch out scenes... but haven't yet hit on a starting point for the story - this could be one of those that gets written scene by scene and then joined together at the end.
House wise, I have a shed load of housework to do.... because at tea time on Thursday my dog sitter arrives for the weekend :)
I am extremely excited to be going away this weekend. Last year I had serious nerves before the UK meet, and spent a lot of time hiding behind my knitting. Okay, so the knitting is coming with me again, but I doubt I will be hiding behind it as much.
I leave mid morning on Friday to drive down to Bristol. I've not booked to go out on the Friday as I am pretty sure my leg will be in a state of rebellion from the drive and demand that I rest for the evening - which is a pain, but if I want to enjoy the weekend I need to make sure that I am mobile.
I need to pack.... and find something to wear for the gala dinner.... but for now I am just quietly bouncing up and down being quite excited about not only the meet but getting away for the first time in 19 years without the critters!
No comments:
Post a Comment