Sunday, 15 June 2014

In need of a kick up the backside.....

30 days......... yep..... 30 days, this is all the time I have left to write, get beta'd, edit, tidy up and polish my second LL story

And therein lies the problem

I've not even started writing......... what I have so far is a detailed plot outline, some characters that are whispering sweet nothing into my brain, 23 pages of detailed hand written notes on anything and everything to do with 1748 - I mean seriously - politics, world events, fashion (and seriously, I fell into a black hole that is Pintrest on this one yesterday), dueling, masked balls and the history of blow jobs - actually that last one was quite a big part of yesterday's research.... it seemed to depend on so many things as to whether it was "acceptable" sexual behaviour and that changes in different countries and time period... even which party is described as the passive/active partner in terms of the giver and receiver changes ... seriously, I think I could write an essay on the subject.... I did discover in my research that in the Palais Royale in Paris in the late 18th century around 50,000 "little black books" were found - which gave details of the numerous prostitutes to the Court and the "services" each provided....... and I am pretty sure given the attitudes of the time not all those prostitutes were female/het.... which has given me a little more leeway as to what my characters might get up to......

Well, eventually, when I get my finger out and start actually bloody writing...... cos for some reason I cannot for the life of me find the little thread to pull that will start the story flowing......

I knitted the whole edging of a baby blanket last night in an attempt at avoidance...... today I've cleaned the kitchen......

I am starting to feel like the only way I am going to get this started is to wait till I reach full on panic mode of the deadline looming ... which won't be good for anyone!

And the stupid thing is, it's not like I have just no idea or writers block, I know what I want to write, I just keep faffing about........ I have seriously no self discipline at all.........so please, if you see me hanging about on the net and not writing (not during work hours of course, cos then I should be doing real work they pay me for, erm, not hanging around on the net....) feel free to yell at me to go write......


2 comments:

  1. Writer's block is never fun for anyone, Kate. As an author, I know how difficult it can be to begin writing something, with or without a deadline. Sometimes forcing a few lines is enough to get the ball rolling. Try writing what you know you want and then putting in your notes on the accuracy later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jamie
      I went for the writing odd scenes as they came to me and am now moving on with it playing join the dogs with the scenes :)

      Delete