Well that's mainly the weather, and really compared to other parts of the country I shouldn't complain as whilst we've had a lot of rain we've not had floods or the severe storms they've had on the south coast... but frankly I've had enough of it..... and my joints really don't like this weather... every time I stand or sit or actually just move something clicks, grates or creaks... seriously I sound like I am about 70 when I move!
I am trying to keep myself positive and look forward ..... SAD makes this quite difficult this time of year even when we aren't up to our, erm, shoe tops? in snow....
So, some positives.....
- I have booked my ticket for the UK fiction meet this year in Bristol. My sister has, for my birthday, paid for my hotel room for the weekend and I have a dog sitter booked - someone brave enough to come stay here for the weekend and supervise the hell critters. It will actually be my first weekend away without the dogs in about 14 years.
- I have friends coming up to visit on Saturday - and they are bringing with them and fitting for me a new washing machine and gas cooker, at the cost of taking them for lunch and some petrol money.
- The days are getting longer. For the last few days I've got home and it's not been completely dark and, better yet, when I leave the house I just have to use sidelights not main beams on the car. Roll on spring!
- I have nice flowers on my windowsill. My mum always has fresh flowers in the house and I hadn't realised how such a small thing does actually make you smile until I picked up some roses the other day. I don't have house plants as unfortunately the only safe from critters place for them is the kitchen window which is in direct sunlight all day and gets baking hot in summer so I am going to try and keep some fresh flowers in the house instead.
- I am keeping up with my challenge to knit an item a month. I finished socks in January and have so far made a hat in February and the first of a pair of socks.... I am going to go lurk in the lounge and cast on the second sock this evening whilst watching mind numbing TV.

No comments:
Post a Comment