So... I got up this morning in a not so with it kind of haze... thanks to some rather over enthusiastic members of the local wildlife who decreed that 3 am was the right time to have a punch up in the middle of my garden... there is a badger set in the church yard nearby and several foxes that live on the park down the road - my garden appears to have some sort of right of way which they use regularly (and the dog fox is a cheeky bugger and keeps stealing the dogs bones and hooves out the run) but sometimes, when badger and fox meet in the garden, fur flies... literally....... then add in some owls that like to hoot loudly followed by the overly optimistic dawn chorus ... yeah... sleep wasn't so much an option after that....
I headed off to work and got there safely - despite the fact I completely failed to go buy petrol on the way - I was on autopilot and headed to the office without the diversion to the garage despite the dial being on empty....... parked up and forgot I was still in gear so as I switched off the engine the car lurched forward... into the metal barrier ... and cracked the number plate......
Work was typically Mondayish..... lots to do... idiots asking stupid questions they should really know the answers to and secretaries who think that I should do their work for them .... then shortly after lunch I managed to walk into a filing cabinet, well, sort of, I misjudged the gap and slammed my left hip into the corner...... sometimes my spacial awareness isn't so accurate!
Just before home time I went to put my file away... and nearly broke my wrist turning the handle to slide the cabinets across to get to mine because the minion had locked the handle on the other cabinets which meant that it wasn't possible to move them... yeah, I didn't register that till I'd tried to force the handle....
There was a queue in the car park from the paying machine, so by the time I got through that and into the car park itself I was eager to get home...... and turned left through the door and walked slap bang into the red and white barrier at the entrance........it's just at the right height to get my bust......
I got home and put the kettle on to make a large vat of tea and unwind............... and the whole of the downstairs electrical circuit went BANG with such a loud noise that poor Hope wet herself.......
It's all fixed now and I have tea. I also delved through the back of the cupboard to discover a packet of Reeces Peanutbutter cups to make me feel better........... I think after today I deserve them...
YIKES! You aren't safe ANYWHERE. O.O
ReplyDeleteIt was a particularly "special" kind of day.........
Delete