So, for the last 18 months or so I've been knitting the same two pairs of socks......... well I knitted a gargoyle too - and another one just needs his wings finishing.... but still, hardly productive...... and that would have been it until I found my mojo again............ only my aunt did the worst thing possible........ she sent my mum a pattern for a child's beanie hat - with the words - "if she could just do a couple for the Christmas charity collection we'd be very grateful... oh and I'll collect them when I come to stay at the end of October" .... yeah, so mum hands me the pattern and that's it..... I am doomed to knit beanie hats....... I did two over the weekend (it occupied my hands whilst my mind rolled around in the gutter) - but six hours of knitting over two days when you've not done any for a while took it's toll on my shoulders..... so I had last night off and returned to the third beanie tonight. I hate being volunteered to knit things but this was something I couldn't get out of.
I suppose in a way it's kept my mind off other things going on in my life - the sorting out of dad's estate is turning out to be a little fraught (that may be something of an understatement) and I am having moments where I am failing at the whole coping thing. Work has also been a bit of a nightmare as a friend and colleague was due to leave today but ended up walking out half way through last week after about a fortnight of some severe workplace arguments which left the atmosphere in the team really tense and difficult to work in.
Aside from that, I've finished my challenge books for October so am happily reading things lurking on the kindle and trying not to buy any more till next month at least! That said, next month there will be less read as there are intentions to NaNo still - there is even a vague plot
and a main character.......... here she is.........
Yep - going for the YA f/f cat shifter story.......
No comments:
Post a Comment