Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Bits and pieces...........

Ah look... updating by numbers again.......

1. Hugo went back to the vets this evening - for the third time in less than a fortnight - and thankfully got the all clear (just before he bankrupted me!).  His eye is now back to normal and the sinusitis is all cleared..... he has a new fan though.  The young vet we saw on Thursday last week was terribly excited to meet his first ugly naked cat that he asked loads of questions, then tonight he spent a greater part of the appointment just cuddling him and Hugo treated him to his parrot impersonation by balancing on his shoulder whilst nibbling the vets ear and hair

2.  Hope, Gretchen and Kammi are all at "that part" of their season....... there are very rude things going on around my ankles ... thank goodness no one can see into the house!  Ivan bless him, has been very good this time and not molested Hope every time she stood still... mind you that might be because Gretchen has been quite dominant with everyone and he's a bit scared!

3. I have a cold.... thanks to my work colleagues who have carefully shared their germs with me.  I've been muzzy headed and sniffling for the past few days.  I am carefully dosed up on cold cures and drinking hot lemon and honey to try and get rid of it.

4. In other work related news - I finally got my days off over Christmas agreed - I have to go in and work New Year's Eve, but I finish on 18th and don't go back till 31st December which is rather fine.  I also have Friday/Monday off every other week during November ..... and I'm still carrying five days to next year!

5. Summer has officially ended here....... it's been getting darker in the mornings and evenings for a while, the leaves are turning and drifting off the trees.......... and we have frost and possibly snow forecast for the end of the week...... yeah, time to break out the woolly jumpers!

6.  I am still spending a lot of time hiding in my kindle, away from real life.  It's kind of safe there so I am staying for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment