Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Updating by numbers....

1. The weekend... was a washout.. literally and personally... I swear I may as well build an Ark in the back garden because we are going to need it if this rain continues.  I was kind of caught up in a flurry of e-mails about AP's death over the weekend and spent a lot of time playing grief counsellor... I am not sure why but for some reason I am almost always expected to be the strong one.... the one that is good in a crisis .. the one that can cope with everything.  As a result I spent a lot of time on the phone and MSN.

2.  The other wash out bit of the weekend was my essay... I diligently read all the damn course material - nearly 400 pages... and could I work out what the hell I was meant to write for this essay... not a chance... So I sent a wailing e-mail to my tutor begging for help (she obliged on Monday morning) and got on with tarting up the assignment after that I'd almost finished.  2 more weekends... this is all.. I must get the remaining assignments done!

3.  The cats are driving me insane (okay, slightly more insane than usual)  They are obsessed with my wardrobe... I've explained to them there is no mystical world full of cat treats and tuna through the back of it... but this does not stop them trying to break into it and empty the contents all over the bedroom floor in the middle of the night... I have resorted to putting a chair against the door... which means that Hugo just sits on it and wails pitifully.... I am hard hearted however and just tell him to shut up!

4.  Yesterday at work I was a tad unprofessional and unfair ... in a shoot the messenger way.. my team leader had to impart some not very good news and I kind of had a hissy fit and stormed out of the meeting room.... I then didn't sleep last night and worked myself up into a complete state about it all.... I made myself apologise this morning when I went in... she wasn't that bothered by it all because she knew I wouldn't be happy.... so hopefully that can all be forgiven and forgotten now.

5.  Last night I also had a bit of a shock when walking from the car into the supermarket I was hailed across the car park by my step-mother.  Now this is shocking because she and my dad live right at the other end of the country and I knew dad was only just out of hospital......after some investigating - and running into my mother and my sister actually inside the supermarket - it appears dad has finally made his mind up and decided to sell up the stupidly big (well for 2 people) house, close his business and move back up to Sheffield.  Okay, so it means bringing the step-mother with him (I am not a fan..).  My mum and sister had actually been house hunting with step-mother on Monday and Tuesday.... I know, I have a weird family...

6.  Tonight I have been out for a rather fine Chinese meal with some friends..... they may have persuaded me not to be the designated driver.... which means there may possibly have been a bit of vodka....which could explain why the cup cakes I have just iced for my colleague's birthday tomorrow are, erm, shall we say interesting........I got carried away with the swirly patterns of vanilla and choc-fudge icing...

7.  The alcohol could also explain why I am currently sitting waiting for my hair dye to develop... because of course dying your hair is a sensible thing to do at nearly 10 pm isn't it.... I am not sure what colour it is... I wasn't allowed to chose (yes, we were a bit vodka'd when we went to buy it) and they took the colour off the box before I was allowed out the car........ I shall report back on this....

2 comments:

  1. What color is your hair?!?!?!?

    Sounds like the rain that was flooding us out has moved over to pester you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is a rather bright cherry red colour this morning........ as is the bathroom..... but luckily I've not dyed Hugo this time! :)

      Delete