Friday, 27 July 2012

Days off....

I am pretty useless at taking the annual leave I am meant to... I normally have to roll over the maximum allowed 5 days, which of course means I always have more to take the next year.  So, after my team leader muttered at me that I have to fit in 20 days before Christmas I booked off some long weekends over the summer... starting this weekend.

Yesterday, I managed to finish the final outstanding assignment, today my tutor confirmed it's going to pass so I can submit it for marking - 4 days ahead of the course deadline which is a bit of a record for me as I am not still scrabbling about trying to finish on deadline day .... so Yay! I am officially finished with my course work for this qualification..... two exams in November and I shall be properly qualified... and before I turn 40!

Today I was bribed with the promise of cheesecake to go spend the day with a friend who lives an hour or so away.... okay, so she has no need to bribe me,  I'd have gone willingly but hey, cheesecake is always a winner.... we sat out in the sunshine and nattered away for several hours whilst entertaining her cats.

Then I came home... and thought to myself... no it isn't Sunday evening, I do not have to go to work tomorrow... in fact... I have a whole weekend to enjoy still .... which is a very happy thought!  I have no plans, no things I "have" to do..... okay, well there is the housework, but then there is always the housework... so I feel some major relaxation and me time.... I may possibly see if I can book a massage as a treat for finishing my course.

Go away human and stop making fun of my little head says Hugo
For now I am watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics on the net :)

The critters however, are quite confused as to why on earth I am hanging about disturbing their sleeping time!


1 comment:

  1. Well, now that you've pointed out that he has a little head....

    ReplyDelete