So, the radio is 100% festive tunes, the shops are full of tinny music, driving anywhere involves an impressive tour of highly decorated houses.... Christmas is less than two days away... and I am faced with the List of Doom.....
So... I thought I'd post it here and try to cross it off as I go along...
Today
Breakfast with my sister and a friend - done!
Get enough cat and dog food, cat litter, and find presents for Mavis and Catalina (yeah, mum and sister's cats get presents - mine don't - I am an evil nasty owner) from the haunted pet shop - done!
Do the last of the necessary food shopping - done!
Collect the last of mum's presents and sister's partner's present from sister's house
wrap the last of the presents
make potato salad & coleslaw - done
make lemon drizzle cake - done!
tidy the house
Tomorrow
Collect parcel from the sorting office - I have no idea what this is everything I've ordered or am expecting has arrived... tis a mystery! I may moan a lot to the guys at the desk over the fact that the parcels I sent to Europe and the US well before the last posting date (9 days in the case of the European one) had spectacularly failed to arrive!
Go out to Chatsworth House Farm Shop with my sister to pick up the meat for Christmas dinner and buy cheeses for the cheese board
Make hazelnut meringue - done bar the cream and chocolate...
Make Lemon & Cherry Torte
Deliver food for mum's Christmas Eve party
Finish everything in time to leave for the party at 6.30 pm
So, this afternoon will be mainly baking and cooking.......whilst flitting on and off the net, falling over the dogs whilst I wander about the kitchen and wishing I could have a very large coffee!
No comments:
Post a Comment