I've finished my Christmas shopping.... which I have to admit I enjoyed, but then I love buying stuff and giving it to other people no matter the time of year - there is something special in finding exactly the right things to give to those you care about. I've wrapped all the presents, sent the overseas cards and parcels - well before the last posting day for a change...
The radio is now playing about 50/50 Christmas songs and normal tunes. There are decorations over my desk at work (despite my expressly forbidding the same - I wasn't there the day they went up), when I drive home from work I see houses all lit up and Christmas trees in windows - in some areas also known as "The Tour of Tat" because, well, really, have you seen some of the decorations people have! Mind you, the highlight of my day has to be my mum telling me about her neighbour who has been inviting everyone on the street round to see "the lights she'd put in her bush" ... I had to explain why I spat my tea out and snickered at this........
But my house is totally unfestive... okay, so I don't usually put up a tree - cos well, I'd spend more time picking it up and putting the decorations back on again after the Canine Demolition Squad and the Hell Cats had had their way with it....... I usually at least put up my cards, but this year they are just lying on the kitchen table...
This week I have meals out Monday and Wednesday with old friends who I grew up with, who are all very into the whole festive season..... yeah, not sure that's going to be much fun. Tuesday night we are putting up the tree at my sisters - well, my sister is putting up her tree and I am throwing snowball decorations at her and encouraging the Samosa cat to steal the baubles off the bottom branches.... well that's the plan I've been threatened with being sent to sit in the naughty corner if I try it.........
Maybe the festive spirit will find me.... in the meantime, I am looking forward to Saturday, which is the Winter Solstice when hopefully I am going to be able to go out to celebrate the turning of the year.

No comments:
Post a Comment