Wednesday, 18 December 2013

The Festive Social Whirl.....

I think it's probably been established I am not the most social of people.... I am fairly shy (witness me hiding behind my knitting at the UK Meet earlier this year), awkward and with a body that doesn't work properly often in pain and need to sit down.  I also dislike being an object of curiosity or worse (parents - it's not cool for your kids to point and laugh at the fat and disabled person - and trust me I will pull you up on it in the most embarrassing way I can if they do it).

Most evenings throughout the year I am quite happy to come home from work and crash on the sofa or in front of the computer.... but this time of year while I want to go off and see friends, it's hard to get out of other social obligations......... which means that so far I've been out every single night this week.

Last Friday I had the last of my days off, and headed to see a friend in Derby for a pre-Christmas catch up and to see the God-kittens - who have grown and in fact Flynn is now a giant... though amusingly when he's very happy snuggles on my friend's girlfriend's chest and as he gets happier starts humping her bust... which is hilarious to watch!   On Sunday evening I was out again, to meet up with some friends and then on Monday night for a meal with the people who used to live next door while we were growing up - their three girls slot in age around me and my sister.... that meal was amusing as although we'd booked in advance the pub we went to had run out of just about everything on the menu which made us laugh, a lot, much to the increasing embarrassment of our waiter.  Bless him, we did tip him well after all it wasn't his fault the kitchen screwed up.

Last night was the annual tree erection event at my sister's house....... just the phrase "tree erection" I've discovered makes my sister glare at me and her partner giggle....... I may have said it a few times... when I wasn't throwing snowball decorations at my sister the tree... I got told off for that... and for encouraging the Samosa cat to steal the baubles off the lower branches of the tree........

Tonight I had my last counselling session for the year ... and we are looking at me going to every other week come the new year if I cope with the holiday period without too much stress (and my eyebrow has grown back by the time I see him again) ... after that I went and retrieved the Austrian Postal Fairy from where she'd taken shelter overnight n the Post Office.  My internet family are very generous, I have three parcels to unwrap from them on Christmas Day (I've taken them to my sister's this evening to go under the tree so that I am not tempted to shake or proddle......... Then finally, i headed to mum's for tea .... and now I am home..

Tomorrow night, I am really, really looking forward to coming home from work, critter wrangling and then collapsing in a large heap on the sofa and not being social at all......... in fact, that sounds like a damn fine plan for Friday evening to!

No comments:

Post a Comment