Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Books I read in December.......


For some reason this month it became one for reading some old favourites, and real paperback books for the main part. 

The best book I read this month would have to be Irregulars - which is essentially 4 novellas set in the same universe but by four different authors.  

I read a couple of seasonal books ... my favourite being Merry Gentlemen... which is not really surprising given the author and my soft spot for books with a strong British feeling.


1. Physical Therapy – Z. A. Maxfield (r)
2. The Book of Daniel – Z.A. Maxfield (r)
3. Drawn Together – Z.A. Maxfield (r)
4. Blaque/Bleu - Belinda McBride (r)

5. Chuffed – Tia Fielding  - this was the first of a series of three shifter stories set in Finland I read this month. The first two I really enjoyed - probably because they were about cat shifters not wolves, but the third I didn't enjoy as much.

6. Not My Wolf – Eden Cole
7. Tiglon by the Tail – Tia Fielding
8. Howl Sweet Howl – Tia Fielding
9. Shy – John Inman - I had high hopes for this book but alas I don't think the author and I have remotely the same sense of humour as I found it difficult to enjoy anything about the story in the end.
10. Quid Pro-Quo – Voinov/Witt
11. Merry Gentlemen – Josephine Myles 

12. Never Say Never – Stormy Glen - book of the month I had to read for the Scavenger Hunt - erm, yeah, no, not an author/series I will be reading further.
13. Irregulars – Nicole Kimberling & others
14. The Family We’re Born With – Kaje Harper 
15. Top Bidder – Sean Michael
16. Deeper – Sean Michael - nice addition to the Hammer series and certainly better than the last few boos in my view.

17. Twelve Tasks – Therese Woodson - Really enjoyed this debut book which showed originality and humour in the story telling.

18. Grime & Punishment – Z.A. Maxfield - I always feel in safe hands with a ZAM book and this didn't disappoint.
19. Stripped Clean – Ellis Carrington 

20. Bound to Break – S.E. Jakes -This is the latest in the Men of Honour Series and I thought one of the best.
21.Falls Chance Ranch – Rolf & Ranger (r) - yes, again, what can I say, Christmas was a bit fraught in places and I needed some comfort reading.

So that's it for the year - I shall do another post later on with some stats about what I've read this year and some thoughts about next year's reading goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment