Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013.... that was the year that was....

The sun has gone down here on 2013 and in just a few short hours the new year will arrive, and along with it the usual optimism and hopes for positive things for all in the coming year.

2013 has for me not been a brilliant one....... whilst I haven't had any major relapses requiring me to lurk on the sofa with my leg up for great lengths of times, my immune system remains buggered - to the effect where a simple trip to the dentist requires two weeks worth of antibiotics.  I am having to be very careful not to get bitten or scratched by any of my critters, or to catch any colds or random germs. I am trying out some new medication but it's early days to say how effective it's going to be - but combined with the bondage stocking it seems to be having a good effect so far on my lypmh system.

I am still enjoying my job - and have recently been formally promoted to deputy team leader.  The firm remains busy which should, touch wood, mean my job is safe.  The job of course means that I have a roof over my head and food on the table.... though despite my saving like fury I've still not managed to get the money together for a new boiler - which is not a happy position to be in facing a cold winter in the imminent future!

My sister and her partner are still happily together - and in fact have moved in together earlier in the year.  Mum has only had a couple of minor health wobbles this year - not bad for a 75 year old - and has adopted a wonderful black cat to keep her company.

Of course, the biggest memory of 2013 will always be of losing dad.  I know I said last year that if his health deteriorated I wanted him to pass swiftly and without pain, which of course is what happened.  But even knowing that isn't enough to deal with the gaping big hole in my life and the lives of the family caused by him suddenly not being there anymore.  Things are still far to recent for me to be getting any real perspective on it and I find myself falling apart at the smallest and unexpected things.  Christmas was tough, as tonight will be, as I still forget he's not here and expect him to phone when he would usually have done in the past.


Which of course takes us to next year.... and to be honest, right now I am not in a position to look forward and identify hopes and expectations for the next twelve months.  Right now, all I can say is I want to get myself and my family through it safely and in good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment