Monday, 30 September 2013

It was September... I hid in a book or 30....

So, not really very surprisingly, I spent much of this month letting real life sneak past me whilst I buried myself as deep as I could in my Kindle.  Yes, it helped, though I am obviously still grieving - and becoming very familiar with 3.20 am when my mind is normally full of thoughts about dad and things I wish I'd told him - so blogging on general terms is going to be a bit thin on the ground for a some time to come.  Logically, I know that this stage will pass, but right now my brain and logic are not really on speaking terms.

So onto some books.

My favourites this month include the final installment of Kaje Harper's Life Lesson's series - Learning Curve - which rounded things off nicely without making it too sickly sweet and implausible as some other series finales have done recently.  Josephine Myles new release Junk was a really good read as was  Disasterology 101 by Taylor Donovan.  I am not normally big on vampire novels, but I really liked Spirit Sanguine and the short follow up.  Gumption & Gumshoes by Alex Kidwell was one of the eccentric reads that made me smile - quite a difficult feat at present so definitely worth a mention!

No real horrors - though Remastering Jerna was a bit of a let down and I didn't particularly enjoy Fate Lends a Leg though this was more to do with the editing which should have been tightened and perhaps removed a couple of the unnecessary plot lines.

So, the list in total (which includes a lot of comfort re-reads):

1. Life Lessons – Kaje Harper (r)
2. Junk – Josephine Myles
3. From Don to Dom – Naaju Rorrete (LHNB, Novella)
4. Last of the Summer Tomatoes – Sherrie Henry (YA)
5. Disasterology 101 – Taylor Donovon
6. Gamble Everything – Carrie Waites
7. Spirit Sanguine – Lou Harper
8. Late Night Snack – Lou Harper
9. Gumption & Gumshoes – Alex Kidwell
10. Running Deer and Hidden Badger – K.D. Sarge (LHNB Novella)
11. The Executive Lounge – Angela Benedetti (LHNB Novel)
12. Iron Butterfly – Mousegirl65 (PIFM)
13. Stranded – Andrew Grey
14. Driftwood – Harper Fox
15. Brownies (Hammer Short) – Sean Michael
16. Why I love Geeks – T.A. Chase
17. Measure of Devotion – Caethes Faron
18. Measure of Strength – Caethes Faron
19. Gilliflowers – Gillibran Brown (r)
20. Learning Curve – Kaje Harper
21. Remastering Jerna – Anne Somerville
22. Wild Magic – Poppy Dennison
23. Accidental Alpha – Poppy Dennison
24. Fate Lends a Leg – Jax Cordoba (YA)
25. My Fair Captain – J.L. Langley (r)
26. The Englor Affair – J.L. Langley (r)
27. My Relegance Rake – J.L. Langley (r)
28. Sticks & Stones – Urban & Roux (r)
29. Fish & Chips – Urban & Roux (r)
30. Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty – Mousegirl05

1 comment:

  1. Any book that needs a couple of unnecessary plot lines removed is NOT on my radar! Dang.

    ReplyDelete