Because, aside from the whole horrible emotional mess of dad's death and the fall out from it real life has gone on whether I wanted it to or not..... some other bits and pieces about what has been happening in my tiny little corner of the world.....
- My colleague who was on maternity leave and came back in July has handed in her notice.... there hasn't been much said, but all of a sudden our team leader is passing me tasks to do with supervising the team's trainee... there has been mentioned that we will be getting two new starters soon in the team and not so subtle hints of me being the monitor for one. I am really undecided as to whether I want the permanent position of deputy team leader or not
- I snuck off from work on Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours to do some important bits and pieces... in fact I took the time off to get my hair cut... which was probably not that important but it needed doing. Now my hair is cut by a mobile hairdresser and friend of my mum's next door neighbour. I let her have free rein to do whatever she wanted, my hair is horribly thick and I usually have just a bob at about chin length, but I fancied something different - so she cut in layers and made it very short at the back, but still falling round my face at the front... it looks nice. Now whilst I was having my hair cut we (hairdresser, neighbour and I) were talking about grey hair and hair cuts and the hairdresser mentioned a client who had long grey hair and desperately wanted it cut short, but her husband wouldn't let her as he said she'd look like a lesbian (she actually used the term lettuce muncher) .... well I didn't think about it, I just replied, well yes, of course because we are all easily identified by our hair cuts........ there was a stunned silence and then a rapid changing of the subject by the hair dresser. She was completely mortified, my neighbour was having trouble not laughing apparently but later on came round to see my mum and pass on apologies from the hair dresser who hadn't meant to cause any offence. Now, in fact, she didn't, well not to me, because it's something I've had thrown at me for years "not looking like a lesbian"..... I am really not sure what I am meant to look like - I wasn't aware there was a special identifying look.... it's not bothered me for the last 20ish years ..... though maybe someone will catch on one day and I will have to surrender my lesbian card for not conforming to standards... I doubt it though.
- Autumn has definitely arrived.... the temperatures are dropping, as are the leaves.... the road is horribly slippery with wet leaves and I only narrowly avoided going arse over tit this morning when taking the dogs out... time to break out the heavy duty walking shoes I think. In the meantime, I'm spending a lot of time in the kitchen with my lap top and Kindle watching as it gets depressingly dark before 8 pm. I fear I shall be resorting to jacket potatoes and rice pudding as staple foods shortly - well it means having the cooker on for a couple of hours which helps keep the house warm (a bonus when there is still no central heating and the new boiler fund remains too low to register)
- I am not at work this week....... this didn't however stop me in a moment of organisation/stupidity prevent me from making my lunches for the next few days.........
I think that's about it...... I have to go sort my car out tomorrow as it's off to the garage for it's yearly road inspection...... fingers crossed it passes without costing more than it's worth!
No comments:
Post a Comment