Saturday, 21 April 2012

Ramblings of poorly ....

Ok, so my last post was optimistic... I didn't make it to work yesterday, mainly because when I bent forward to put the dogs food bowls down at 5 am and keeled over onto the kitchen floor I guessed it was a sign I probably was not fit to drive.  Nothing serious mind, just sinusitis......

Yesterday was a pretty unimpressive round of take paracetamol, wait 30 minutes, sneeze for another 30 minutes, then feel ok for a couple of hours before the temperature spiked and sent me either under the blanket or in front of the fan.... the dogs by about 2 pm where just rolling their eyes at me from their beds in a sort of way the expressed that I was simply disturbing them.  I spent most of the day reading or napping.

Today has been better... managed to pop out to the shops and pick up some essentials - but I am really seriously bored of soup, yoghurt and fruit juice..... anything remotely solid and well, I might as well just swallow razor blades for all the enjoyment I get!

In a Sod's Law moment the 10 litre bag of wood pellet cat litter I was manhandling up the stairs managed to split and cascade merrily all down them....... I sometimes wonder if I am cursed in some way......

As a treat, I did optimistically buy some cheesecake which I left on the side in the kitchen to defrost whilst I had a bit of an NCIS binge this evening.  Unfortunately, I didn't shut the kitchen door properly when I went through to the lounge, and, well.... Hugo likes cheesecake it appears... not so much as a single biscuit crumb was left for me..... but the cat is happy!

If he throws up tonight he will also be homeless!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling much better! And I hope that Hugo survived eating that much dairy with minimal effect...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lots better now! and the horrible evil cat had no ill effects at all!

      Delete