Okay so I managed to smack myself upside the head to prevent myself from brooding about stuff I can't change so that's for the positive.
I posted a wee snippet of my LiAW story on the Dear Author thread (author... *snerk* me! no sorry still can't take that seriously) anyway, it seems to have gone down okay... still really nervous about it though.
Aside from that, my life plods along in it's quiet and boring way.... though Gina wishes to make it more interesting by trying to help with this post... or it maybe a plea for more interesting food, or the opening of the treat draw....
I have my fingers firmly crossed for my half daughter, who went for a college interview today and should find out in the next couple of week's if she's got a place... okay so yes, not my real daughter, but I am so proud of her and her family for all they've gone through with her Aspergers and autism to get to a place where it's even possible to have a college interview..... they come to visit in a little over 4 weeks and I am so mega excited.... particularly as I've not seen them since last October! (okay yes, I speak on the phone and on line most er, well days kind of, weeks definitely but it's not the same!)
Right must have an early(ish) night as I have a round table meeting with solicitors on the other side of a case I'm working on tomorrow which involves a day in a smart suit haggling over a rather large sum of money and I need to be awake!
Right, finally, music. This artist is a fairly new one, and not only has she an amazing voice but she's a really inspirational person. Eleven months ago she was involved in an accident and fracture her spine, badly. She was told she was never going to walk again but defied all the medical peoples to do exactly that, and to return to the stage....
Congrats to your sort of daughter for getting the college interview!
ReplyDelete