Last year I resolved to knit an item each month in an attempt to start running down the rather large yarn stash I'd accumulated. And it worked... to a point... I managed to complete 8 items, numbers 9 and 10 are still on the needles but should be finished quite soon.
Last year, all of my projects were gifts for friends, but this year I want to make it more about doing something worthwhile.So, I have decided to knit hats, one a month, which will be donated in December to The Cathedral Archer Project, a day centre helping homeless and vulnerable people in my home town.
The hats will probably be quite simple, and made out of aran weight acrylic based yarn to make them easy to wash and dry if they get dirty or wet.
Those pictured are some of the hats I've made in the past for friends and family
I am going to try and post a picture of each hat as they are finished, with the basic pattern (or link to it if it's one I borrowed rather than made up.

Definitely a worthy goal. Go go go!
ReplyDelete