So, a small achievement... 18 days in and I've finally got the number of unread books on my Kindle down to below 300!!
Okay, so in that time I've also picked up 3 freebies, and I bought my January allowed book - I was going to wait till then end of the month to decide what to buy, but I really needed to read the final installment of the Red Dirt Heart books - but yes, I am under 300
Not buying books when you are used to a "see it, want it, buy it" mentality is hard.... I've cut down visiting Amazon, ARe, DSP etc ... but I still see all the new shiny books coming up on my Goodreads feed, not to mention on Twitter where I follow a huge variety of authors and publishers. But so far I have managed to avoid just deciding "fuck it" and going on a book buying binge... it hasn't been easy because work is hectic and stressing me out. At the same time I am trying eat healthily, and this means that I can no longer reach for the cheese or chocolate when I am having a bad day, but I can't buy books either.... and my fall back of buying myself shower gel fell by the wayside when my lymph system went nuts a few years ago and my skin decided to become too sensitive to anything remotely scented.
As a result though, since Christmas I have bought myself a number of new clothes, a stack of new dog bedding, pretty yarn and some other bits and pieces I really didn't need.... this is where I don't look too closely at the whole buying things to make me feel better rather than facing what's bothering me... yup... if I admit that then my counsellor is going to have a field day....
So, I shall continue... next goal is to get below 250 books.... I can do this....

No comments:
Post a Comment