Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Publication day...... la deuxieme partie....

Inside Le Cafe Procope, Paris (modern day)
Even though I am not a proper published author.... today is my second publication day of the year :)

I've posted before about taking on a second prompt, which had been sadly orphaned by it's original adopter, for the Don't Read in the Closet even run by the M/M Romance group on Goodreads.

A couple of days ago I was told that today was the day, and so this morning I woke with a massive attack of nerves.

This story, Taking a Risk on Love, is set in Paris in 1750 and involves a young man of good birth, Christophe, who makes a wager with his tutor, Yves, that if he can be on time for his lessons for a week then Yves will have accompany him to a masquerade.  Christophe has Yves stitched up from the start, and it's all part of a bigger plan to get closer to his tutor, something Yves is not adverse too.

For me, 18th century Paris is something I knew very little of (well except for the Revolution) and I had a fun time researching various locations - including the Valliot's townhouse, the location for the masquerade and the cafe procope - which is the oldest coffee house in Paris and is still in operation today - though now a rather high class restaurant.

Though Yves and Christophe's story ends with them settling in Italy, in a place I have been to, I've only ever once been to Paris - and that was an overnight stay on my way home from a holiday in the south of France.  Thanks to this story I now have a long list of places I want to visit if I ever do get to go and stay there.

I enjoyed writing this one, I hope that I've managed to make it at least remotely historically accurate, and more importantly I really hope that people enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment