Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Books for a unseasonable September....

We are having some rather lovely weather at the moment - most un-September like. It's apparently been the driest September since about 1910, and one of the warmest.

As I am typing this, it's gone 6pm and I am in my kitchen, which is bathed in sunlight, and all the windows are open letting in a nice breeze.

It won't last ......

Okay, so onto reading.  This hasn't been a stellar month for books read.... only 17 and 5 of those were re-reads.  That doesn't count the Love's Landscapes books that I am still working my way through

My favourite this month was Kaje Harper's third Hidden Wolves book, Unjustified Claims.  I am picky abut my shifters but really like the set up of these books, and enjoy the authors writing.  I re-read the first two before the new one as a refresher, but really, I've read them that many times it really wasn't necessary :)

I also read a whole series - starting with Pale as a Ghost, by Stephen Osborne, which is about a paranormal investigator, whose boyfriend is a ghost, his best friend a 200 year old witch and his dog a zombie.... they were a lot of fun, though the last book nearly gave me heart failure at one point. 

I am obviously in a paranormal mood as I also enjoyed reading Rhys Fords Fish and Ghost series this month

As for the others, the Sean Michael books were formulaic fluff which is something I sometimes need.  biggest disappointment was Sue Brown's The Last Wolf, which just didn't work for me.

There might have been some comfort reading after the trauma last week, when all I wanted to do was hide in Falls Chance Ranch.

So list in full ...

1. Brush & Whip – Sean Michael
2. Fish and Ghosts – Rhys Ford
3. The Last Wolf – Sue Brown
4. Pack & Mate – Sean Michael
5. Duck, Duck Ghost – Rhys Ford
6. Spiretown – Lia Black
7. Pale as a Ghost – Stephen Osborne
8. Animal Instinct – Stephen Osborne
9. The Scarlet Tide – Stephen Osborne
10. Dead End – Stephen Osborne
11. Unacceptable Risk – Kaje Harper (r)
12. Unexpected Demands – Kaje Harper (r)
13. Unjustified Claims – Kaje Harper
14. A Case of Possession – K.J. Charles
15. How to Train your Dom in Five Easy Lessons – Josephine Myles
16. Falls Chance Ranch – Rolf & Ranger (r)
17. Three Traders – Rolf & Ranger (r)

There was also about 5 books read for research and some writing done......... of which there will be more of shortly......

No comments:

Post a Comment