Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Scribbling plans for autumn.....

I scribble stories down in fits and starts....... for the last three years the Don't Read in the Closet event on Goodreads has been about it for me...... but I think finishing my first story this year, and then launching straight into another, did something to my brain......

Since I finished that story I've written as short D/s piece for a friend (she'll have to wait to read it as it's going to be part of her Christmas present hopefully) and got part way through a fantasy M/M story for a potential submission to a publisher's call for age gap stories - though whether I shall actually get the courage to submit it is another matter.

I am have another couple of ideas knocking about in my head for things I'd like to write..... and then there is NaNo... where I have optimistically signed up for the fourth year ... now I've never managed to really get started... the first year, I plotted and planned, then work got in the way... the second, well I was foolish to even try as I had my final exams for my professional qualification in the middle of November.... and then last year, my head was all over the place after dad's death and I couldn't write a thing....  So this year... I thought, why not,,,

I have consulted Rupert as to what he'd like us to write (ah the joys of a very demanding plot bunny - I really should never have given him a name... I am sure that is what gave him power over me).... and it will be an f/f shifter story, set in the Peak District (because it's somewhere I know and love).  It also contains children, a bi character and probably some violence.... though I shall try not to kill anyone this time....

I do have to stop reading shifter stories between now and starting writing though.... and yes, there is a tonne of irony here as the person who is super picky about shifter stories writing one myself....... there will be no "pick a Greek letter" syndrome though...

And then, finally, I've just signed up for a Flash Fiction Holiday Blog Hop  - under 3000 words (500 - 1000 words preferably) - holiday themed, must contain a "bad boy" and a gift of some sort... inspired by this picture

More details can be found at Thorny Sterling's blog

I wasn't going to sign up, but I kept going back and looking at the photo, and then I had "an idea" - which is always dangerous when you are at work and meant to be concentrating....

Fingers crossed these guys will let me give a brief view of their story :)


No comments:

Post a Comment