So here we are again.... after wavering and thinking I might not take part in this year's writing event hosted by the M/M Group on Goodreads, a few weeks ago I thought to myself, well, why not... if the right prompt came along.... and then I fixated on the fact that I wanted to write another historical (last year's contemporary was okay, but felt clunky and awkward to me, I much preferred my Vikings from the year before).
At first when the prompts went up there wasn't anything that really grabbed me and said "write my story", and it was difficult to get a prompt they were going so fast! I stayed up late last night having though I'd found "the one" but missed it by milliseconds! This morning I got up early and went into work well before time so I could sit in front of the computer and check the prompts, just in case. And there it was... my prompt... From first seeing it to when the prompts opened I'd outlined the story... I just had to make sure I got it... and I did... So this is it....
The man in the picture has a difficult choice to make, and whatever he decides will influence many lives. Who is he, and what led him to where he is now?
I'd love to read a story set in the Middle Ages, with plot that isn't solely focused on the relationship. Explicit sexual content and tension are beyond welcome, but please no non-con scenes or BDSM.
Think steel, blood, sweat, and forbidden lust. ;D
Sincerely,
Agnes
P.S.: I'd prefer it not to be too angsty— people were tough back then ;)
I am really pleased with this one..... I just hope that I can do the author's prompt justice and she likes it.... and the request for minimal angst is fine with me.... I still don't really get the concept!!
My kitchen table is currently covered in reference books and a couple of novels - the advantages to having an unfulfilled wish to study medieval history as I check facts and locations.... but I have a plan, and tonight I shall outline and possibly work on a couple of "flash back" scenes that my MC recalls whilst on his way to the meeting where the scene in the picture above will take place.....

No comments:
Post a Comment