Life hasn't been very interesting round here.... my free time has been taken up mainly with writing and desperately knitting my March project (which is doomed to failure at this stage but never mind...)
I think the cats are very disapproving of the lack of attention.........and it's not just mine.....
Though of course, it's mainly down to Hugo......
For Christmas, my mum bought me a new laundry basket... a nice pale blue plastic thing that looks like an old fashioned shopping bag with holes in the side.. I dutifully put my dirty clothes in it pending enough for a load of laundry....... and discovered a couple of weeks ago that Hugo thinks that this is an alternative litter tray and keeps peeing in it! I've resorted to covering it with a black bin bag now - which defeats the object of having a nice looking laundry basket that matches the blue decor in the bedroom....
In another laundry related cat tale..... Gina has taken to throwing up...... on my bed....seriously, last week we went through four king size sheets and two duvet covers........ She's got no coat so I know it's not fur balls.... I was contemplating taking her to be checked over by the vets, till I caught her, pulling the loose hair out of my comb and eating it then throwing up..... comb is now de-haired and popped in the draw... I did catch her trying to open the draw but she's not managed yet!
Aside from the general annoyances.... there's then the actual physical injuries they've caused. A few nights ago, I was getting the dogs ready for bed, pottering around the kitchen and switching off the electrical stuff (very important, this is me, leaving anything on over night is just asking for trouble!) ... as I bent forward over the kitchen table to log off the lap top, Gina suddenly leapt from the end of the bannister, over the babygate, and onto my back........ which only had a thin T-shirt covering it......... then she panicked...... realising that the dogs were all in the kitchen too and in fact had noticed her........ well, she got back over the babygate into the hall....... but my back was sacrificed for the greater (?) good! It looks a little like it's been used as a pincushion (well, more so than usual - in the past for part of my medical treatment I had a lot of lumber punctures (34 in a period of 5 months) and I already have a tonne of needle mark scarring on my back already)
To add insult to injury last night Hugo decided that he needed to stroke my hair with his paws whilst I was trying to drop off to sleep...... which is all very well and good.... until he used his claws..... I ended up turfing him out the bedroom when he actually managed to draw them all down my scalp. I'd forgotten about it by morning...... until I went to wash my hair......... there was cursing....... a lot of cursing......
I should be grateful....... apparently..... my mother's cat has discovered a stash of mice..... last night whilst I was round there having coffee after dinner, there was a crash as the at burst through the cat flap and ran into the lounge where we were sitting... She pounced a few times, which we thought at first was her just playing with the toys on the floor......... but no, she stepped back.... and lo! there was a mouse... a rather terrified mouse... which unfroze and legged it into the fireplace - which has no fire, but does have a nice selection of house plants. The cat went to follow and I suggested mum move the plants before there was soil over the floor..... Unfortunately though the cat didn't want to play anymore (let alone dispose of the mouse)... and mum decided I wasn't allowed to leave until the mouse was out the house. I used my best rodent wrangling skills ... and an old plastic tub.... to extract the mouse who was then dropped off over the fence on the opposite side of the road......... I am now waiting for the phone to ring with a request for my services as the family mouse extractor....... (thank goodness my sister's cat is an evil despot who simply takes mice to the theatre of death (the bath) and dispatches them there)
and here's me saying that I'm not having any more dogs after these four.... but will contemplate a couple more cats in due course.......... maybe I should seek professional help for this one......
No comments:
Post a Comment