Monday, 18 November 2013

Don't wanna go to work tomorrow and other stuff............

I've discovered a problem with having long weekends........... come Monday night I really don't want to go back to work again the next day.

This has been the second of four long weekends I am having to use up my annual leave - I had good intentions to write, do housework, buy Christmas gifts......... what I've done is catch up on a lot of sleep and laundry, and broken in a new pair of Converse.

Turns out the breaking in of new shoes was a bloody good and long overdue occurrence..... my knees and back have been particularly bad for the last couple of months - not unusual this time of year - but my right knee in particular was starting to worry me .... but miraculously.... or probably not... wearing new shoes for a few days and my knee is tonnes better - turns out I need to replace my shoes before they are almost completely warn through because the way I walk wears down the soles in a certain way to make my knees twist and hurt my back.......... I shall try to remember this!  

Okay, so I did write a bit over the weekend.... but then I decided today that in fact I suck at it, can't do it and that everything I write is crap....... I don't know why I do this every single bloody time I am about a third of the way through writing something, it's like my self confidence has this trigger point and implodes....... okay, not helped by the fact I beta read something for an author whose work I love ..... I need to go read something published by a mainstream author that is truly crap so that I can remind myself I can do this....... and, erm, soon... cos like 5th December deadline is looming ominously!  

I say this about my writing at the same time as discovering my LHNB story has been nominated in one of the categories in the M/M group's 2013 awards......... 

What else....... erm........ the wing mirror dropped off my car today - I must go get it fixed......... if of course come tomorrow morning I can get out the driveway as we are promised freezing temperatures overnight - and they aren't kidding - the thermometer is dropping rapidly......... oh and I need to get petrol on the way to work as I forgot earlier.... 

Ah well, I should go get some more bits and pieces done......... like more knitting of Christmas hat the second. .... before bed time....

No comments:

Post a Comment