My life, of a sudden, seems to be full of deadlines.......
I've a short story to write and submit by 5th December.... which is started, plotted, and being written... but well, so far as writing goes, until the deadline is really close I faff about and don't actually get on with it - which probably explains why I have difficulties in finishing off writing un-promised stories...
Then there's my mother's request for 3 knitted beanie hats for my nieces (sort of, they are my cousins' kids) - she asked me today .. and can I do them by the 6th December ... only then she can take them with her when she goes for the weekend, rather than posting them.... I haven't even started these yet - they'll take a day each, roughly, well 4 hours, but that's my limit for knitting each day or my joints start to rebel!
Work wise I am used to some of the deadlines, the ones for turning work round, but I have a deadline for my application for the deputy team leader post... which means I really need to get round to sorting out my CV to accompany it... preferably before the end of this weekend...
Then there are the dreaded Christmas deadlines...I need to have my cards and presents for abroad done and ready for posting by about 10th December......... which means at some point soon I need to get my finger out and actually work out what I am buying and go get it (actually I have bought some bits and pieces, I went to the shop for dog food this evening and came out with a bag of bits and pieces for people.... and the dog food, I did remember this time, on Thursday I went to the shop and forgot completely to buy what I needed....)
All this of course reminds me of the Douglas Adams quote - "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Maybe I should give up doing all forms of housework until after Christmas.... just so I can meet the deadlines...
I love the idea of giving up all housework until after Christmas, but the drifting piles of fur would be sentient by then...
ReplyDelete