(Or Happy Halloween if you prefer)
After falling into something of a reading slump over the summer months this month I hit lucky. The lowest rating I gave any book I read this month was 3 stars, and that was just one book. The majority were 4.5 starts or above - so it's been very hard to pick a favourite this month.
But I am going with The Boy with the Painful Tattoo. It was a long time coming this book, but so worth the wait. I love cosy mysteries anyway, and this series falls into that category - albeit with tongue firmly pushed into cheek.
Special mentions to the Red Dirt Heart series, for being unashamedly Australian and a lot of fun, and to the NA books - Fever Pitch and Brandon Mills vs. the V Card, both of which were really great reads.
Finally, I am not a big one for anthologies.... usually I only enjoy about half of the books in any set but Another Place in Time was fantastic (caveat - I am a historical story reader in any event so came at this expecting to enjoy it -plus there are some excellent authors involved) - oh and it's sold in aid of a great charity.
So the full list.......
1. The Foster Family – Jamie Samms
2. Fever Pitch – Heidi Cullinan
3. Claimings, Tails and other Alien Artifacts – Lyn Gala (r)
4. Assimilation, Love and other Human Oddities – Lyn Gala
5. The Boy with the Painful Tattoo – Josh Lanyon
6. Bloodline – Jordan L. Hawk
7. Between Saints and Sinners – Marie Sexton
8. My Relegence Rake – J.L. Langley (r)
9. Another Place in Time – various
10. Nelson & Caleb – Kaje Harper
11. With Abandon – J.L. Langley (r)
12. Red Dirt Heart – N.R. Walker
13. Red Dirt Heart 2 – N.R. Walker
14. Red Dirt Heart 3 – N.R. Walker
15. Bread, Salt & Wine – Dev Bentham
16. Mark Cooper vs. America - Lisa Henry & JA Rock (r)
17. Brandon Mills vs. The V Card – Lisa Henry & JA Rock
18. Life Lessons – K.J. Harper (r)
19. Breaking Cover - K.J. Harper (r)
1. The Foster Family – Jamie Samms
2. Fever Pitch – Heidi Cullinan
3. Claimings, Tails and other Alien Artifacts – Lyn Gala (r)
4. Assimilation, Love and other Human Oddities – Lyn Gala
5. The Boy with the Painful Tattoo – Josh Lanyon
6. Bloodline – Jordan L. Hawk
7. Between Saints and Sinners – Marie Sexton
8. My Relegence Rake – J.L. Langley (r)
9. Another Place in Time – various
10. Nelson & Caleb – Kaje Harper
11. With Abandon – J.L. Langley (r)
12. Red Dirt Heart – N.R. Walker
13. Red Dirt Heart 2 – N.R. Walker
14. Red Dirt Heart 3 – N.R. Walker
15. Bread, Salt & Wine – Dev Bentham
16. Mark Cooper vs. America - Lisa Henry & JA Rock (r)
17. Brandon Mills vs. The V Card – Lisa Henry & JA Rock
18. Life Lessons – K.J. Harper (r)
19. Breaking Cover - K.J. Harper (r)
And onwards to next month - when I am hoping to write for NaNo so I am guessing there won't be that much reading done......

No comments:
Post a Comment