Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Domestic Adventures....

UFO
of which there are many in my freezer
As part of my week off I am trying to do some odd jobs around the house.... little things, like finally get
someone to to come fit the new gas cooker, rip up the hallway carpet and the big one... defrost the fridge/freezer.

Now that might not sound like much of a challenge... but here's the thing... living alone and enjoying cooking I have a habit of cooking enough for a meal and a portion to go in the freezer... which is all well and good... until you come to defrost the freezer and realise that it's full of UFOs

Yep, UFOs, Unidentified Frozen Objects.... seriously... boxes of them... all of which though i can see into them I haven't got a bloody clue what they are.  Now I am pretty certain they are all savoury and all vegetarian, after all I made them... but beyond that I haven't a bloody clue.

The night before last I defrosted what turned out to be a Quorn chili, which was very nice... last night I took out another box, which had well, frozen stuff in it... tonight when I opened it to heat it through I am pretty sure that it is a butternut squash and vegetable curry...... I've identified what I think might be two small containers containing mushroom soup.... well it is kind of solid grey stuff... and then there are two other boxes of well, I haven't clue really...... I shall get one out tonight to defrost it for tomorrow.

It makes evening meals very interesting when you haven't actually got a clue what you'll be eating ....

Apparently I could put labels on the boxes... or write on them in marker pen.... but really... where is the fun in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment