So, that was June.... the days got long, we had some fab weather and I finished editing my first Love'sLandscapes story.... besides that (and work) there was some reading.
Now I've limited my list to the books I've bought and read, I've not included the stories from the Love's Landscapes event - of which to date I've read 61 of those published......they vary from around 5000 words up to around 60,000 words, some are excellent, some not so good, I will at the end of the end probably try pick out my 10 favourite and list them - but that won't be till sometime in September.
So on to this month...... favourites, well, there were probably four stand outs - When All the World Sleeps - these writers are becoming autobuy for me, both when writing separately and together, Dirty Deeds, which is the latest in a series that I think gets better an better, Temper Sanguine, which is the second book (or third and fourth novella) and you do need to read the first book. And finally Strength of the Mate, which is a really good take on werewolves but does have a lot of military jargon in it you need t get used to.
Disappointments for me - Cross & Crown - this series I think is just not going to work for me, and Aftermath - which just had way too many issues in it for me that made me feel a bit leery of the story line
So the whole list....
1. When all the world sleeps – Lisa Henry & J.A. Rock
2. Tough Love – Heidi Cullinan
3. To Say I Love You – Anna Martin
4. Blood in the Water – Megan Derr
5. Knight Errant – K.D. Sarge
6. Aftermath – Cara Dee
7. Public Displays of Everything – Cara Dee
8. Crown & Cross – Abigail Roux
9. Dirty Deeds – Rhys Ford
10. True of Heart – M.L. Rhodes
11. Temper Sanguine – Lou Harper
12. Dance with the Devil – Megan Derr
13. Strength of the Mate – Kendall McKenna
14. Evil’s Embrace – L.M. Somerton
15. Take My Picture – Giselle Ellis
1. When all the world sleeps – Lisa Henry & J.A. Rock
2. Tough Love – Heidi Cullinan
3. To Say I Love You – Anna Martin
4. Blood in the Water – Megan Derr
5. Knight Errant – K.D. Sarge
6. Aftermath – Cara Dee
7. Public Displays of Everything – Cara Dee
8. Crown & Cross – Abigail Roux
9. Dirty Deeds – Rhys Ford
10. True of Heart – M.L. Rhodes
11. Temper Sanguine – Lou Harper
12. Dance with the Devil – Megan Derr
13. Strength of the Mate – Kendall McKenna
14. Evil’s Embrace – L.M. Somerton
15. Take My Picture – Giselle Ellis
There were also some re-reads of paperback books but I can't actually remember which ones!
So, onwards to next month - not sure how many I will get read as I am still trying to work on my 2nd story - and the plot bunny is having "ideas" about a couple of other things..... but there will have to be some reading, cos otherwise I'd probably make my brain implode...
No comments:
Post a Comment