For the last few weeks the sign to the right has been my motto!!
But, this afternoon, I finally reached the end of the first draft of my Love's Landscapes story which is called "A Point of Honour"
It's turned out at a shade over 27.5K words and has winged its way off to my kind and wonderful beta readers for a first review.... I am expecting it back with lots of comments and in the case of one beta a rainbows worth of highlighting!
It's ended up as much more a historical adventure rather than an M/M romance - though there is romance elements and a happy ending it's fairly smut light! Which is good - because I found myself asking questions such as - what the hell would you use for lube in the middle of a forest in the 12th century?
I've had lots of fun with locations as I've been writing - setting it fairly locally has meant I can use places I've been to and I managed to finish the story in one of my most favourite places in the Peak District - Peveril Castle. Okay, it's a ruin now, but it would have been very imposing as a newly built castle in 1204.
My story has had to have an author's note, as I know that some people get very hung up on facts in historical stories - but this is just a story - and while there are some facts in it, the majority of the people, and their titles, are totally made up.
I have just over a week now to get it polished up for submission by 1st May and I really hope when it comes out my prompter will enjoy it :)


No comments:
Post a Comment