Saturday, 19 April 2014

Where'd April go.....

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it and those who just think it's a wonderful excuse to eat lots of chocolate ;)

So... erm... yeah... not doing well on the whole updating the blog thing at the moment!

Very little is happening outside of work and writing at present.... though I am actually on holiday at the moment (going back next Tuesday though) so it's mainly been about the writing.

Work is hellish anyway as we head to the financial year end on 30th April - added to which our department is going to be having a major restructure which means by the start of July I may find myself in a somewhat different role to my current one (thankfully no redundancies or anything planned)

The deadline for the Love's Landscapes story is 1st May and I am still plodding away writing - so not the fastest writer in the world!  I am currently at just shy of 25k words and have about 1 1/2 scenes left to write .... fingers crossed I shall manage to finish tomorrow.  As I am one of those writers that can't just sit down and write but has to keep going back and faffing about and changing stuff as I go this at least means it can go straight off to my wonderful beta readers who are going to look over it and point out that it makes no sense in places :)
They may look like cute Easter bunnies
but I swear they are at least art Plot bunny


I am hopeful of getting the edited draft submitted on time......... *crosses fingers*

I've also decided that it's time to bite the bullet and actually do something more serious with my writing... so I have set goals.... which for this month is to find two anthology calls that grab my attention and that have suitable deadlines, with a view to writing for submission.

This is quite a big step for me as it took me years to let anyone see my writing and even now I am horribly pessimistic that anyone will read it when it's free never mind if they have to pay for it.  Time will tell I suppose, I need to get the courage to take the first step though or i shall never do it!

That's about it for this month so far - well apart form the fact that Hope is in season and scaring the life out of Ivan with her trollopy behaviour!


No comments:

Post a Comment