![]() |
| This happens a lot when I am reading! |
story is due by 1st May (well it should be I've a short extension to finish up my edits as my four wonderful beta readers have sent me a shed load of comments to consider)
I also had to ban myself from reading anything good... or save it for a reward, which I did...... in fact at one stage I decided that to push myself into writing I was only allowed to read het erotica.... I ended up writing my story in a little under two weeks..... it's just about 20k words so not the longest in the world, and unexpectedly in first person POV - though that did cause a little dilemma, I asked my research assistants to give me a "blow by blow" *snicker* account of someone going down on them so I could get the right reactions for my narrator when it happens for the first time to him........ apparently, all those long winded and descriptive paragraphs you read about how it feels are wrong... because all three of my assistants said, "it starts with a sort of "oh wow" and then your brain goes off line"....
Anyway back to the books.....
Favourite reads this month were three that were someway above four stars for me - Cherish & Blessed by Tere Michaels is two stories that have previously been published in her Faith & Fidelity Series that I'd not read as standalone books. I am glad I caught up with this series before the 6th book is published. Axel's Pup which is a well written BDSM/paranormal book with a very intersting take on wolf society and finally Restless Spirits by Jordan L Hawk which is a paranormal historical with ghost hunters and as usual with this author some very well written female minor characters.
So the whole list.....
1. Cherished & Blessed - Tere Michaels
2. In Your Eyes - Cardeno C.
3. A Clean Break - Keira Andrews
4. A Way Home - Keira Andrews
5. Axel's Pup - Kim Dare
6. Mark Cooper vs America - Lisa Henry & J.A Rock (r)
7. Brandon Mills vs the V card - Lisa Henry & J.A. Rock (r)
8. Morning Report - Sue Brown (r)
9. Complete Faith - Sue Brown (r)
10. Papa's Boy - Sue Brown (r)
11. Her Dom, her doctor & her daddy - Emily Tilton (m/f pure smut)
12. Out of the Rain - Hollis Shiloh
13. Training Lady Townesend - Annabel Joseph (m/f)
14. To Tame a Countess - Annabel Joseph (m/f)
15. My Naughty Minette - Annabel Joseph (m/f)
16. Under a Duke's Hand - Annabel Joseph (m/f)
17. Restless Spirits - Jordan L Hawk
18. Silver Bullet - Rolf & Ranger (r)
19. all the Falls Chance Ranch short stories - Rolf & Ranger (r)
20. Culpeper's Complete Herbal - Nicholas Culpeper (research)

No comments:
Post a Comment