Sunday, 1 March 2015

Normal Service Will Resume Shortly

I know, its March already and I've not summarised February, or done the book's read list.... and the reason for this tardiness?  It's prompt weekend over at the Goodreads M/M Group.

For the last week the organising team have accepted 200 prompts from members and this weekend they are up for "adoption" by prospective writers.

This year I was going to try for something different - possibly a paranormal or fantasy....... but, well, after trying to ignore a historical for nearly 24 hours I started sneaking a bit of research into my afternoon, then some more, and before I knew it I had a prompt.

So, here is my companion for the next couple of months, and the prompt that has been given to guide us on our way...


As you can see we’re in Scotland. The year is 1745 and the Jacobite rebellion spells disaster for the Highland clansmen who followed Bonnie Prince Charlie into battle against the English.

It’s so not the right time for this man to fall in love which of course means that, inevitably, he does. But with who? A fellow rebel? An English soldier? A man from a rival clan?

I leave the details in your capable hands, dear Author, but if you could find room in your story for a couple of Gaelic endearments and that fabulous horse he’s riding, I’d be thrilled.

Could you please make sure that my lovely highlander finds happiness— even after Prince Charlie has fled the blood-soaked battlefield at Culloden.



So, there we have it... I've already got names for my characters, and the horse (who is called Bran) ... I now just need to tell their story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment