![]() |
| Not me, but seriously, this is our weather at present |
I am struggling to go online of an evening after work at present - mainly because my kitchen is, well, warmer inside the fridge than out... and the combination of cold and post work tiredness is sending me to the sofa in front of the fire pretty early on in the evening. So, while I have five minutes waiting for my dinner to cook (white bean chili with rice) I shall finally update on the books I read in January.
This was, of course, the start of my not buying any books this year challenge.... so most of the titles will be old ones.
Favourite book this month was my new purchase - Red Dirt Heart 4 by N.R. Walker - which is the final book in this series and one I am seriously considering buying in paperback to re-read. Honourable mentions to The Fall by Kate Sherwood, Venetian Masks by Kim Fielding, Enigma by Lloyd A Meeker and Winter Hearts by Fyn Alexander.
I will also mention Consent by A.J. Rose, this book has people in two camps - mainly because there is a lot of "on screne" abuse of one of the secondary (female) characters. I personally thought it was very well done, necessary to progress the plot and not overly glamourised, but I do appreciate that it will divide people's opinion - not just because of it being fairly graphic violence against a woman in their M/M book, but also because it takes the focus away from Ben and Gavin and their relationship. That said, I did enjoy the book.
1. The Last Thing He Needs - J.H. Knight
2. Safe in his arms- Renae Kaye
3. The Fall - Kate Sherwood
4. Venetian Masks - Kim Fielding
5. Blue Mountain - Cardeno C.
6. That Day in Spring - B.J. Sheppard (LL)
7. Red Dirt Heart 4 - N. R. Walker
8. Death Trick - Richard Stevenson
9. Island House - Bru Baker
10. Enigma - Lloyd A. Meeker
11. The Bridge on the River Wye - Adam Fitzroy
12. Window - Ali Maclagan (LL)
13. Winter Hearts - Fyn Alexander
14. Not as Easy as it Looks - Jamie Samms
15. Consent - A.J. Rose
16. Noah - Ben Ryder
17. Flight of Magpies - K.J. Charles
18. Marketing Beef - Rick Bettencourt (LL)
19. Fighting Instinct - Mary Calmes
20. Overkill - Elizabeth Daniels (LL)
21. Waiting, Hoping, Wishing - Nic Starr (LL)
22. Zippadicious - A.R. Noble (LL)
23. Caught Running - Urban & Roux (r)
And so onwards to February and trying to read and stay warm....

No comments:
Post a Comment