Sunday, 30 November 2014

Books for an unseasonably warm November

And so ends the second to last month of the year.... I know other places where my friends live are already in the grips of winter, but here, on the last Sunday in November (first Sunday in Advent) it is unusually warm. 

I wasn't sure how much reading I'd do this month as I was trying to take part in NaNo as well (I manged around 23k words, some bickering and an outright argument with one of my characters... which for me is probably classed as successful!).  But with all that I actually managed to read a fair amount.  

Three five star reads for me this month, Under the Stars by Geoff Laughton (which is Andrew Grey's YA pen name), Sleigh Ride by Heidi Cullinan and Christmas At Leo's by Gillibran Brown.  Yes, three very different types of story.

I've also finished my re-read of Kaje Harper's Life Lessons series - which I treated myself to in paperback. Now I need to find another favourite series to start buying in paperback - though books I re-read a lot and want to be "bedtime reading" have to be bought in paperback as the Kindle does not go upstairs because, well, terror cats...

So the full list........

1. Two Steps Back – Lyn Gala
2. Home the Hard Way – Z.A. Maxfield
3. No Such Thing – A.M. Arthur
4. A Chaotic Range – Andrew Grey
5. Then the Stars Fall – Brandon Witt
6. Frankie & Al – Sue Brown
7. Ed & Marchant – Sue Brown
8. Wood, Screws & Nails – Piper Vaughn & Kade Boheme
9. Not Just Friends – Jay Northcote
10. Trouble & The Wallflower – Kade Boheme
11. Impulsion – James Buchanan
12. Sleigh Ride – Heidi Cullinan
13. The Shearing Gun – Renae Kaye
14. Under the Stars – Geoff Laughton
15. The Blinding Light – Renae Kaye
16. Hook, Line & Sinker – Piper Vaughan
17. Fair Game – Josh Lanyon (r)
18. Fair Play – Josh Lanyon
19. Christmas at Leo’s – Gillibran Brown
20. Saving Crofton Hall – Rebecca Cohen
21. Inside Out – Andrew Grey
22. Home Work – Kaje Harper (r)
23. Learning Curve – Kaje Harper (r)

Next month I have a number of days off as I try to use up my annual leave entitlement before the end of the year - and as I've been very organised and bought most of my Christmas presents I will have not much to do but baking and reading on those days, so it should be a bumper year end reading wise.

Aside from that, in the next week is the Festive Flash Fiction Blog Hop, I will probably post my story towards the middle of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment